It’s been a while since I was last nominated for a blog award! I should really be more active in the anime blogosphere… Anyway, I was nominated by miharusshi of Anime Vios!
The specifics for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you by linking their award and/or blogger
- (Optional: Provide some background information and the rules on Liebster Award)
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- (Optional: State 11 facts about yourself)
- Nominate 3~10 bloggers to do this, too
- Write 11 questions for your nominees to answer and notify them of your nomination.
So let’s answer her questions!
01. If you could live Japan (and also assume full Japanese knowledge), would you? Why?
Honestly, this is a tough question. While, assuming I have full Japanese knowledge, I’ll also have to understand how the Japanese might treat someone like me (a Hispanic woman) not to mention, my boyfriend as well (a full-bloodied Chinese man).
Of course, no two experiences are exactly alike – the problem lies in the question: do I want to risk it? I don’t know anyone in Japan, and neither does my boyfriend. Another thing to consider is that I grew up primarily in America thus I have a lot of Western values that may not be very welcomed in Japan. And that’s only assuming I can even find a job!
So, unfortunately, I would have to say no. It’s too much of a risk for someone like me.
02. If you could have any job at an animation studio (apart from the President/CEO, because he’s hiring you), what would it be?
If there was an actual choice? I would love to be either a writer or a director! Or even a voice actor/singer contracted to do a song for them! I love to draw but I’m nowhere near the level as I’d love to be but I could do other fun (but extremely stressful) jobs! Writing and singing seems to be something that’s more “me” anyway!
03. What is (are) your favorite book(s)?
To be quite honest, I haven’t read a book proper in a good while. Or at least, not finished one. But for the sake of this answer, I’ll plug an author that should be getting recognition!
Even though I’m a fujioshi, I still want to recommend Hildred Billings book series, REN’AI RENSAI! Please check her stuff out and read her blog to get to know the author better!
04. What do you think is the role of art in society? This includes all forms of art: dancing, music, literature, film, animation, sculpture, etc.
For better or for worse, art is about expressing oneself – and giving a voice to the voiceless. It’s important to consider that art has an unlimited realm of creativity and ideas (although some will argue that original ideas are dead).
But what is art’s role? It’s an important tool of expressing one’s ideas. Unless it’s goal is to bring, or promise, harm another person, I believe art is an important tool to society that we need to keep a hold of close to our chest.
However, art isn’t just a tool of expression but it’s a tool of politics and propaganda. It’s a tool that can help paint both lies and truth. It’s a tool that shares happiness and sadness, and every single emotion out there.
05. What is (are) your favorite food?
This question has always been impossible to answer because it changes and it really depends on my mood. Pizza, hamburgers, curry, rice, candies, pasta, junk food… They’re all so delicious!
Lately, I’ve been eating more spicy and getting my tolerance up. I used to hate it so much but since I’m getting older, it’s time to try it and get over it! But really, I think the most appropriate way to answer this question: my favorite food is food!
06. Favorite pastimes or hobbies other than anime?
I love to sing along with my favorite songs! Songs I either grew up with, JPOP, KPOP! I don’t like recording myself because I’m pretty insecure in my voice and I don’t think I’m very good. But if you somehow ever get me to karaoke, just don’t expect to sing any songs…
Another hobby I have is writing. I’ve been writing since I had a pencil in my hand 100 years ago. Fanfiction is one of my most favorite hobby (even if I haven’t done it in a year – I haven’t really been inspired) and I really want to try writing my own original stuff.
I want to get into gaming. I used to be a gamer when I was younger but because of personal issues (and being not able to afford it to almost recently), I’ve resigned to casual status. I still play “Animal Crossing”, whatever I have on my Steam, and my Touhou Project blog.
07. What’s the anime you always go back to when you don’t feel like watching something new?
“Lovely Complex”. There’s just something extremely charming about this show! This didn’t seem like it was popular, especially when it was out. This was actually the first anime Chu and I watched together (even though we had already finished it before we met).
Koizumi and Otani remind us both of each other (especially with Otani’s obliviousness and Koizumi’s awkwardness and lack of grace) and it’s just a good anime! For me, there’s a lot of sentimental value with this anime as well as how great this anime especially when compared to most other shoujos. Actually, I believe this was the first shoujo where the friends didn’t back stab the main character…
08. Do you let the opening and ending songs play or do you prefer to skip them?
Usually, I just let them play out. The only times I don’t is if I’m pressed for time, the songs are truly horrendous (like they have to grate my ears), or I’m watching anime with Chu. Chu has a much lesser tolerance for the ridiculous music that anime openings and endings have.
One thing that does irritate me a lot about the openings of anime are the spoilers that kind of ruins the impact when that character is finally revealed.
A reason, though, I watch till the very end is because there might be extra scenes! I don’t want to miss those!
09. Have you thought about joining an international organization, like WHO, FAO, WWF, etc?
No. I’m very picky about who I align myself with.
10. What do you think of jewelries?
I love jewelry but I have very thick fingers. I don’t wear rings or bracelets because I have a terrible habit of playing with it – thus, I don’t wear anything on my wrists as often these days. However, I wear earrings and necklaces though!
Maybe one day I’ll wear more~!
11. Do you think you’ll still be blogging five years from now?
Absolutely. There is no other voice other than my own and, maybe, someone out there is listening to it.
Here are 11 facts about me that you may not have known otherwise:
- I’ve published online a book of old poems I wrote when I was a teenager.
- Despite being Hispanic-American, I do not speak Spanish.
- My favorite idol group is Morning Musume. and I saw them in concert at Anime Expo!
- I listen to exclusively to JPOP and KPOP, though I do listen to American music on occasion.
- My favorite dog breed is the pug.
- Despite having an insecurity for my voice, I want to be an idol singer and voice actress even to this day.
- I’ve been a fujioshi almost as long as I’ve been an anime fan, if only by a couple of years.
- I consider frogs my spirit animal.
- My favorite KPOP group is Girls Generation and I actually saw them in concert accidentally.
- I surprisingly have a high tolerance for gore and horror – it’s mostly the stories I’m fascinated by.
- I have an irrational fear of balloons and the loud noise they make when popped.
- What type of music do you listen to? Do you have recommendations?
- Would you consider yourself an elitist anime fan? Why or why not?
- What’s one anime you’ll recommend to people, even if it’s not what they’re looking for?
- If you had the money, full knowledge, and a job, what country would you move to? Why?
- Should art be censored? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about the polarizing ideologies on the Internet these days (i.e. the extremely political correct versus those who are not)?
- Do you consider yourself a fair person? Why or why not?
- What makes you laugh?
- How do you feel about casual anime fans?
- What’s the weirdest commercial you ever saw?
- How are you today?
And that’s it! I’ll see you guys tomorrow with some Nendoroid News! Stay cute!